In this exciting position, the Multimedia Content Editor will be writing and reviewing linguistic content in a language in which they have a native level of proficiency to ensure the highest quality of accuracy for customers using the world's foremost multimedia platforms. With time the Multimedia Content Editor will become the cultural ambassador for their language market and will be expected to produce fully localized content and flag potential cultural issues with content types, wording, and articulate suggestions to make all content appropriate and relevant for the target markets.
The ideal candidate possesses a background in journalism or similar, has proven creative writing skills, and keen attention to detail. In addition to that, we’re seeking candidates that are passionate about music, film, and tech and have a knack for iOS and Mac OS devices.
Job Title: Multimedia Content Editor
Location: Remote, Europe-based
+ per hour
Duration: Ongoing, no end date
Employment Type: W2
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Multimedia Content Editor:
- Localize, translate and adapt the content of various categories (i.e. multimedia, legal, technical, marketing, etc.) while adhering to writing style guide and guidelines
- Write new copy for a range of multimedia products such as music, TV, and app store apps, video-on-demand, and game subscriptions services.
- Perform regular linguistic review of their own work as well as the work performed by other members of the localization team for all content types.
- Copy-edit and fact check the content to ensure accuracy of the content
- Perform LQA (Localization QA) testing of any content published on live platforms (music and app descriptions, marketing material, and marketing campaigns).
- Conducts market-specific research on local content treatment, content, product and terminology trends, and best localization practices for the target audience in their market.
- Transcribe spoken content such as lyrics
- Report on data and/or assets across a broad scope of media and content types.
- Review linguistic assessments, create training material and documents for new projects and ensure that other counterparts of the localization team are fully trained on terminology, style, and best practices
- Collaborate with global language team via virtual meetings, emails on content review tasks to ensure calibrating terminology and style, understanding trends and market-specific insights, translations based on the market team's needs.
- BS/BA and 2+ years of work experience in the field of linguistic, journalism, copywriting, or copyediting media content such as music, TV and applications with proof of writing samples
- Experience in translation and localization of multimedia content
- Native-level fluency in Portuguese (from Portugal)
- Excellent grammar and writing skills in Portuguese
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Strong creative writing, proofreading, and editing skills in Portuguese and English
- Ability to quickly detect issues and inconsistencies from a massive sea of content and make sound judgment calls based on information at hand
- Is in tune and has a wide range of knowledge music artists, TV and cinema, gaming and pop culture
- Has ability to own language market and make confident linguistic decisions
- Must be highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong computer literacy, knowledge of iOS/ macOS systems a plus
- Well capable of typing in their native level language using a local (English) keyboard
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Collaborative; enjoys teamwork in a multicultural environment.
Welocalize, Inc. , founded in 1997, offers innovative language services to help global brands reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages. We provide translation and localization services, talent management, language tools, automation and technology, quality and program management. With more than 1, 000 full- time employees worldwide,