Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- Primarily focused on Data Infrastructure and streaming maintenance and use lifecycle of Data Infrastructure maintenance and use
- Participate in developing and maintaining our end-to-end data platform, from data acquisition, real-time data stream, to data lake, enterprise data warehouse and data streaming.
- Improve and optimize processes for better operability
- Develop and implement data quality rules and validation processes, leading engineering excellence initiatives to improve data quality and issue resolution
Must Haves(Required Skills):
- Extensive experience in data engineering roles.
- Strong Python, SQL, Java skills.
- Working knowledge of AWS Kinesis, Firehose, Lambda, and S3 (or similar tools)
- Working knowledge in Bash and Shell Scripting in Linux.
- Strong Software Engineer experience.
- Familiar in Terraform.
- Comfortable working with a globally distributed team with minimum supervision and attention to detail.
- Able to work full-time with an overlap of 8-11AM PST Pacific Standard Time.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.