Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, and over 300,000 bookable experiences worldwide, Viator gives millions of travelers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
Viator is looking for an experienced Data Science Manager to lead our dynamic and fast paced Data Science Team on our Viator brand. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop current team members, while also serving as a technical leader for predictive algorithms that help drive our unique experiences with our customers. You will work alongside engineers and scientists to develop, deploy, and monitor algorithms at the core of our product offering. This is an opportunity to observe the impact of your work directly as you help the company grow. You will make your mark on a growing brand in the Tripadvisor family strongly recovering post Covid-19.
You will be leading a high-impact team who:
- Owns the DS and ML strategy for Viator Develops and maintains impactful predictive algorithms. Drives our Sort & Recommendations strategy, Collaborates with…
- Machine learning to build and maintain scalable training pipelines
- Engineering to deploy and implement models in production
- Product to identify opportunities for DS & ML
- Analytics to investigate and exploit customer trends
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team of 5 scientists, operating as both a technical and people lead.
- Working with the wider team to establishing a vision and roadmap for the data science function. Helping leadership understand the opportunities, limitations and investments needed to fully realize the potential of data science
- Delivering impact in a fast-paced, data-driven and high-growth business.
- Guiding the team to solve key business problems, deliver quick solutions and be creative and efficient in the modeling approach (find the simple logic that solves most of the problem)
- Interacting with many teams to support stakeholders’ projects but also owning your own initiatives
- Encouraging the team to take ownership of projects and to find new opportunities and problems where data science could be applied to improve the business
- Carrying out live on-site A/B test experiments.
What you will bring to the team:
- An interest to leverage data more to improve YoY revenue than to build the perfect model
- Good communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to have direct and visible impact on the business
- Preference for MVP + Iteration
- 5+ years of experience in data science and AI (at least 3 in industry).
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a team leader.
- PhD or Masters in a quantitative field
- Expert Python and/or relevant Data Science Packages
- Ability and appetite to work in a fast-paced environment (projects taking a few weeks).
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
What you’ll get:
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Generous stock award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Health and dental cover for you and your family.
- Lifestyle benefit value £1050– An annual allowance to support your lifestyle, this could be for a holiday, gym membership, family support or something else.
- 28 days annual leave which includes the days between Christmas and New Year as our offices are closed plus bank holidays.
- Life and income protection cover.
- Summer flexi-time, May to September, all employees can request compressed hours to make the most of daylight savings and enjoy life. We are an experience company after all!
- Staff discounts on Tripadvisor and Viator
- Free meals in the office and many more!
What are you waiting for? Do not delay and apply today!
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.