Our awesome team of friendly humans is located in multiple time zones throughout North and South America. Our team values growth and personal development; The RealReal is a great place to develop your professional software and leadership skills.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an active hands-on contributor as well as a strong influencer for our technical direction. You will be able to lead and contribute to significant initiatives as well as provide mentorship through code reviews and pairing.
We are especially excited about you if you are enthusiastic about working in the luxury retail/e-commerce space or if you are passionate about our mission of sustainability in creating a circular economy for high-end goods.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager of Buyer Activation and can be fully remote!
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Produce high-quality, performant, and testable code for The RealReal homepage and other top-level customer facing pages including search, product display, user sign-up, and sign-in
- Provide technical leadership that will shape the future of our software systems
- Provide mentorship, pair program, review pull requests and provide constructive feedback to your peers
- Use interesting technologies like Elixir, GraphQL, Kafka, Ruby, Typescript/React, Jamstack, Next.js, Prismic
- Act as a strong partner to product and engineering management.
What You Bring To The Role
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate of building production-ready web applications and systems
- Passionate about testing practices and continuous improvement
- Experience with git and Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience building eCommerce platforms
- Experience working with a CMS, especially Prismic
- Experience with GraphQLc
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR6920 #LI-FF12 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.