Product Marketing Director
In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a Product Marketing Director, you will have the opportunity to launch disruptive products in an industry that is undergoing rapid digital transformation, shaping the way the world ships and receives critical goods. You will work closely with sales, product, and marketing teams to establish and execute against Shipwell’s go to market strategy, driving pipeline and adoption with our core audience. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. While initially an individual contributor, the intent is for this position to manage 1-2 direct reports and more as Shipwell grows its business.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Translate products and features into compelling positioning and messaging based on deep understanding of our core audience needs and use cases derived through prospect, existing customer, and competitive research
- Define our product marketing roadmap in partnership with Sales, Customer Success and Product Teams
- Partner internally with the marketing team and partners to produce marketing and sales collateral for multiple touchpoints in the customer journey
- Successfully perform at both a strategic and tactical level from refining user personas to managing updates to sales one sheeters
- You have 8–15+ years experience in B2B product marketing, preferably in the shipping, logistics, or at least in supply chain industry
- You thrive wearing multiple hats and have excelled on smaller teams where you are often stretching yourself do something new or not necessarily in your prime area of expertise to help out the organization or to adapt to the needs of the organization as it changes
- You deal well with ambiguity, are adept at driving alignment with sales and product teams, and feel comfortable managing up or collaborating with partners at varying experience levels
- You are deeply analytical and can translate your marketing activities into measurable results for the business
- You are willing to help out across all functional areas where needed.
- You have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners and other employees
What is Preferred:
- Background in shipping or logistics industry preferred. Alternatively, supply chain experience required
- Prior experience in a small organization or startup
- Product Marketing certification by either Product Marketing Alliance, Pragmatic Management, or university program
- Ability to use Salesforce, presentation software such as powerpoint or google slides, and spreadsheet software
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
---The Base Salary Range for this role is between $150,000 - $180,000 including in addition Variable Compensation based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!