Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the Role:
We are seeking a creative and operationally-minded Senior Customer Marketing Manager to build core executive customer programs from scratch. This includes launching advocacy programs like a Customer Advisory Council, CxO series, Customer Summits, and more while developing a scaled database of customer stories, and supporting our Customer Reference program. This position is an opportunity to build a foundational, next-generation program to drive advocacy, loyalty, and retention with Samsara’s key customers and across our growing bases of 20K+ customers.In this role, you will:
- Develop and lead customer executive programs: Build a portfolio of executive customer programs from scratch such as a Customer Advisory program, CxO series, Customer Summits, and more; architect program structure and lead value-add program engagements like meetings and events, partner with Customer Success and Product to develop program content and find new ways to invest in customer relationships, actively recruit and grow programs, act as the customer liaison to Samsara teams, and, ultimately, own and fostering a strategic community of Samsara advocates.
- Programmatically uncover and tell our customers’ stories: Work with teams across Samsara and our customer base to uncover and tell compelling stories about how our customers are transforming their operations with Samsara. You’ll be the voice of the customer, uncovering stories for case studies, videos, and in press in partnership with other teams like Brand, Communications, Product Marketing, and Content.
- Drive key customer references for priority GTM initiatives: Identify and match key customer stories with priority opportunities such as press, events, and product partnerships to enable Marketing, Product, and Sales.
- Support our Customer Conference: Work with teams across Samsara to support customer engagement and storytelling needs for our annual conference – everything from building relationships with customers.
- Build initial customer engagement and community programs: Work with Customer Success, Marketing, and Product to develop initial customer communities and find new ways to engage and reward advocates at scale.
- Develop and execute new programs and campaigns to meet the needs of the business: Lead and execute various new campaigns and programs to support Customer Success and GTM teams to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Measure program effectiveness: Analyze program performance and single-handedly optimize to improve efficacy and drive adoption.
An ideal candidate has:
- 5-8+ years of experience in customer advocacy, customer marketing, and/or marketing program management; event experience is a plus.
- Consistent record of setting up, defining, and driving cross-functional C-/VP-level customer advocacy programs independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building and shaping content for events like Customer Summits, Advisory Council events, CxO series.
- Experience preparing and training customers for speaking engagements for conferences.
- Strong relationship building skills to partner effectively with Sales, Customer Success and other key internal stakeholders.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize amidst many moving pieces and complete tasks with high quality and on-deadline; often viewed as an “operator” by peers and management.
- A passion for serving and partnering with customers; adaptable and solution-orient.
- Mastery of ‘no fluff’ customer storytelling.
- Strong leadership and influencer skill set; ability to quickly get to the heart of a problem and mobilize the right people to solve it.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, strong empathy and interpersonal skills to develop authentic relationships.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy.
- Executive presence, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Results driven with analytical chops to measure the effectiveness of advocacy programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.