Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the Role
Samsara has several emerging Channel programs that have the potential to drive significant growth for the company. These include Insurance Partners, Resale Partners, Referral Partners, and Technology Integration Partners.
As a Partnership Sales Engineer, you will be working closely with our Partner Account managers and be responsible for leading technology conversations with existing and potential Partners and customers.
Being able to navigate what is needed to create success for the Partner is essential. This person will be an expert with Samsara products, features, and APIs. Using their expertise this person will be expected to do deep discovery into the Partner environment to: (A) find solution fit, (B) determine integration level of effort, and (C) assess further technology driven revenue opportunities. It will be common to need to learn a Partner’s ecosystem by learning their products and processes and relating that back into opportunities with Samsara’s solution set.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role that requires working cross-functionally to build partner engagements from scratch. The role (and team) has strong potential for growth along with our partner programs.
The role can be office-based in the UK, France, Germany or the Netherlands, or remote in any of those regions.In this role, you will focus on
- Driving engagement with Partners, particularly with technical counterparts
- Finding solution fit with Partners and foster new technology focused opportunities
- Developing relationships with key Partners, and become an expert on Partner environments and solutions
- Working closely with Product Management, and other relevant teams, to develop and maintain integrations with Partners. Influence product development and be a partner advocate
- Delivering presentations, demos, proof of value, trainings, and overall being a technical resource for Partners and Partner facing teams
- Enabling internal teams to utilize and sell Partner integrations
- Preparing technical resources for internal and external use. This may include solution proposals, training or enablement materials to help others better understand how Samsara and the Partner solution works together
- Sampling the partner experience first hand: meet with partners and attend events. 50% travel may be required
- Ability to impactfully demonstrate the value proposition of Samsara’s products and services along with the platforms core capabilities on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, or at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Willingness to travel to visit and support partners, their related prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer and partner work when required
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing partner and customer base
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate also has
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales technical role (Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a Channel or Partner environment a plus, major plus in a Fleet Sales environment
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of various integration standards and transports (XML, REST, SOAP, EDI, etc.)
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs between SaaS applications
- Exposure to various SaaS based integrations
- IoT or general tinkering experience (work or hobby) a plus
- Logistics, Supply Chain, Telematics, Manufacturing or general operations background a huge plus
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French or German a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.