Pentair is currently seeking iot product firmware qa engineer for iot projects in the smart products & iot strategic innovation centre in india teamThis role is responsible for implementing the device firmware testing activities for iot projects.
Duties & responsibilities:
• responsible for ensuring the quality of device firmware
• prepare test strategy for device firmware
• maintaining track of test results for releases
• writing and executing test cases for device firmware
• testing using simulator
• test automation of test cases
• manage bugs on enterprise system
• preparation of test setups
• collaborate with pentair global teams
Qualifications and experience:
• bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related engineering discipline
• 3+ years of experience in testing including 1+ years of experience in the smart products & iot area
• hands on using device flashing tools and handling of hardware safely
• basic concepts of embedded operating systems (rtos/linux), microcontrollers and memory management
• understanding of embedded interfaces such as uart, spi, usb
• experience testing wlan, bluetooth, cellular connectivity products
• experience with iot / ip protocols such as mqtt, coap, tcp, udp, dhcp, dns, https, mdns
• experience with wireless and network sniffers
• experience using test frameworks such as unity, cmock
• experience in automation testing from device to aws cloud
• experience in all stages of software testing including requirement gathering, requirement traceability matrix and preparation of test plan, test case, test bed setup, test scripts & defect tracking by using tool like bugzilla, jira
• experience in validation& verification of software by conducting smoke testing, sanity testing, black box testing, and system testing, regression testing, integration testing, functional/non-functional testing
• experience in complete software testing life cycle by performing end-to end call flow for test deliverable through sdlc and methodologies like iterative, waterfall and agile (scrum)
Skills and abilities required:
• can-do positive attitude, always looking to accelerate development.
• driven; commit to high standards of performance and demonstrate personal ownership for getting the job done.
• innovative and entrepreneurial attitude; stays up to speed on all the latest technologies and industry trends; healthy curiosity to evaluate, understand and utilize new technologies.
• must be able to provide leadership to technology team while managing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• excellent communication and presentation skills for interactions with technology team members, sbu stakeholders, company leadership, vendors and customers.
Diversity and inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing successWe believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every dayRace, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory