With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
We’re hoping that you, a Senior Frontend Engineer, can come to help us create even more engaging web experiences for our restaurant customers. Our applications are written in modern React with Hooks and Redux using TypeScript. We test with React Testing Library and Cypress, work in Node.js, and collaborate closely with backend engineers, product managers, designers, and delivery managers.In this role, you will:
- Write completely new user experiences using modern frontend tools that help restaurants run their businesses
- Improve existing applications using your experience and creativity
- Define new features by working closely with product managers and designers
- Deliver impactful initiatives that improve the lives of restaurateurs
- An empathetic mentality and enjoy working with developers, designers and product owners of all career levels
- The ability to drive projects from technical planning all the way to production
- The ability to craft phenomenal web experiences using semantic HTML and CSS
- Used value testing as a way to ensure a strong user experience
- An appetite for refining and improving the end-user and developer experience
- The ability to see communication as the cornerstone of building proven applications
Please consider applying if this role sounds interesting to you even if you don’t meet all the requirements. A computer science degree is not required to join OpenTable.Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.