Our client, a prestigious government agency, is seeking contract attorneys barred and in good standing in any state with 1+ years of litigation experience to Work Remotely on a 1 plus year assignment. This will start the last week of October or the first week of November.
- Prepare for and/or try complex cases involving significant precedents, novel and complicated determinations of law and fact, or having significant legal, policy or financial implications.
- Determine the advisability of presenting witnesses as well as the admissibility of types of evidence and matters of legal strategy.
- Provide training for the field staff and the Committee on Special Education (CSE) clinical staff on compliance with federal and state education laws and regulations.
- Confer with special education specialists, technical experts, and other attorneys, including counsel for litigants.
- Negotiate and implement the settlement of special education claims.
- Prepare and argue difficult cases and appeals in administrative tribunals.
- Review, revise, and approve agreements prepared by other attorneys.
- Draft memoranda seeking fiscal settlement authority.
- Analyze the relative strength of impartial hearing cases and evaluate the appropriateness of plaintiffs’ demands.
- Instruct appropriate offices regarding their obligations to parents and students pursuant to impartial hearing orders.
- Review internal settlement recommendations.
- Gather evidence and assist in researching issues.
- Appear at pre-hearing conferences; responsible for reviewing administrative decisions.
- Research state and federal case law and implications for settlement negotiations.
- Work with public advocacy groups, parents, and private attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements.
- Review, revise, and approve stipulations of settlements.
- Review and negotiate claims for attorney’s fees.
- Prepare preliminary reports, statistical data and recommendations pertaining to cases.
- Review administrative decisions.
- Review, revise, and approve requests for pendency.
- Barred in any state in good standing.
- Litigation and settlement negotiation experience.
- Efficient legal research skills.
1 to 7 years of experience (barred and in good standing)
7 plus years of experience (barred and in good standing)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.