Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you’ll work closely with members of our design team (including another UX writer) to create intuitive, accessible experiences for teachers and students. You’ll also partner regularly with product managers, researchers, product marketers, and engineers as needed.You’ll design content that includes clear, concise, and useful copy. You’ll help build, advocate for, and implement the growing UX writing practice at Newsela.
Why you’ll love this role:
- As a member of our growing product design team, you will have the opportunity to join a high functioning, collaborative group that is key in shaping our features and products.
- As an embedded writer on a product team, you will also gain exposure and participate in our full product process—from discovery through delivery—leveraging your skills to improve the product at every stage.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to support a new initiative building out our internal content creation tools, as well as be involved with rapid experimentation and testing on other teams.
- You’ll have a direct impact on helping teachers search for and find impactful content that fits their classroom needs, which will ultimately scale Newsela’s ability to bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to K-12 classrooms nationwide.
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UX Writer/Content Designer working in or alongside a product design team.
- You have demonstrated success in collaborating with designers, researchers, product managers, product marketers, and engineers as needed.
- You are able to leverage your knowledge of UX writing and accessibility best practices to effectively design content and advocate for the UX writing practice at Newsela.
- Experience working in Figma or similar design tool.
- Though you’ll collaborate with members of the Newsela marketing team, this is not a marketing or copywriting role.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
Professional Development: Annual stipends for continued education, regular manager training sessions, lunch & learns, and individual growth plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations.
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.