Do you want to make a dent in improving how our nation uses data for better decision-making? Do you have a passion for solving some of the toughest challenges and pushing the boundaries of leading-edge technologies? At MetroStar, we are transforming how data can be discovered, accessed, and consumed by the public for the public.
MetroStar Systems is looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about bringing creative software solutions to end customers. If you want to join a company that is fanatically obsessed with creating value of our people and clients, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if you have:
- Familiarity with cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Understanding of the concepts behind containerization and orchestration
- Passion about empowering developer teams to deliver code to production faster
You'll love being a DevOps Engineer if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 7+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer and/or Software Developer
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps
- experience with developing CLI Tools and platforms using Python, Java, or NodeJS
- experience with deploying containerized Apache / Tomcat and Java applications with build, test, and deploy stages
- experience with end-to-end automation of CI/CD containerized pipelines (Jenkins or Bitbucket), including security checks during stages
- experience with deploying and maintaining Infrastructure-as-Code using declarative languages such as Terraform, Ansible and Helm Charts
- hands-on experience administering Linux operating systems (configuring services, cron, bash scripting, hardening, etc.)
- a bachelor’s degree
- the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- experience supporting the developer team in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting web applications
- familiarity with, and understanding of, Kubernetes and container-native workflows
- experience deploying services on at least one of the three major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- experience developing in web languages (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP)
- GitHub/GitLab account with open source contributions
What your day will look like:
- Working in an agile environment as part of a full design and development team, participating in scrum ceremonies, interacting with and supporting our customer
- Supporting the developer team in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting web applications
- Deploying new CI/CD workflows and improve the scope of existing ones
- Serving as the subject matter expert for containerization and DevSecOps and provide relevant advice to team members and customers
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.