MetroStar Systems is seeking a skilled Content Strategist with a passion for user experience. As part of an effort to digitize a federal application process, you will develop and implement user-friendly web content and guidelines, ensuring consistency and a unified experience that empowers the user. Our work makes a difference, and we have an impact. Come be a game changer and join our team!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if:
- You’re passionate about optimizing user experience through web content and interaction design
- You are disciplined in UX writing principles and process and have strong attention to detail
- You have superb organization skills to track and manage multiple iterations of copy deck updates
- You’re passionate about collaborating as part of a broader IT agile development team
- You own your work and have excellent communication and collaboration skills
You'll love our Content Strategist role if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 2+ years of experience developing and managing copy decks or other tools with an emphasis in UX components that support the implementation of new products and the enhancement of existing products
- You have 2+ years’ experience collaborating with UX design specialists to optimize product content
- You can align web content copy to technical product requirements for buttons, labels, drop-downs, alerts, and other UI elements
- You can ensure that content guidelines are adhered to for components, patterns, and elements
- You have worked with project stakeholders to ensure that web content aligns to legal, privacy, and security standards of an organization
- You have experience performing basic copy-editing functions
We’ll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You possess a Human Factors certification such as CUA, HCI
- You have developed and applied a content strategy across multiple platforms, with an emphasis in UX principles and processes
- You have experience supporting web content in the federal government space
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.