The product marketing director will be responsible for evolving the product marketing strategy for Magic Leap and partnering with the commercial and ecosystem team in formulating an executable plan to support our goals. In addition, the role will lead our industry and channel product market readiness strategy and will collaborate with key business stakeholders to ensure that product go-to-market strategy and plans are aligned.
The Product Marketing team is responsible for conducting customer research and developing customer/vertical insights to develop the value propositions, messaging, and pricing for the product. It is a crucial function that works closely with the business, product, design and engineering teams to drive understanding of our product and ensure there is a clear feedback loop.
The ideal candidate is a technical, experienced, and interdisciplinary leader who is passionate about ensuring that the organization makes customer-centric decisions across business, product and engineering.Responsibilities
- Primary partner for the commercial business teams to understand market feedback and reseller/customer needs in order to help maximize market opportunity, establish industry market strategies, and facilitate product market feasibility for product features on the roadmap.
- Direct channel/reseller product “ready for market” activities including internal and external training, documentation requirements, value propositions, and industry/channel/reseller technical messaging for global product and feature releases.
- Work closely with brand, corporate marketing, customer care, commercial, product management and relevant technical teams on sourcing and producing needed product/technical marketing content, tracking deliverables, and messaging alignment on product and corporate goals
- Partner with Product, Ecosystem/Developer Relations/Demo, and Solutions colleagues to leverage ISV solutions for reseller and commercial activities, including promoting to various key internal groups (i.e. partner marketing, events, channel partners, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate product at a technical level.
- Work cross-functionally with Magic Leap leaders across business, product, engineering, and design to represent the voice of key customers and partners, aggregating feedback, synthesizing insights and identifying opportunities for up-front innovation and/or facilitating improvement projects with key internal stakeholders.
- Lead customer-facing research efforts such as workshops, interviews, ethnographic research etc. to collect customer and partner need/feedback along the customer journey
- Synthesize customer feedback into actionable recommendations for the organization partnering with product management to share insights and feedback
- Leverage generated customer insights and work with Product Management team as well as with broader Magic Leap organization to ideate innovative solutions for the future of Magic Leap
- Use customer and market insights to strategically voice short term innovation needs against the broader emerging trends of enterprise AR in general
- Work closely with the CMO to ensure product marketing deliverables are highly visible and tracked
- 10+ years experience in product marketing / innovation / customer insights / market & user research / strategy
- Strong interdisciplinary thinking and leadership skills - experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams across business, design, product and engineering
- Strong knowledge in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, design thinking, UX research, ethnographic research, etc.
- Experience in driving corporate decision making through the lens of the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including meeting facilitation and high-stakes presentations
- Proficiency in Google Slides
- Experience in B2B hardware technology business
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR competitive landscape
- Background in industrial design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing, product management, strategic design, information systems or another relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.