Headquarters: Santa Clara, CA
We are a growth stage company that creates software solutions combining lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. More than 130 health systems and ~500 hospitals across 42 states rely on our award-winning products to increase patient access, decrease wait times, and reduce healthcare delivery costs. We have raised more than $300 million from top-tier investors such as Bain Capital, Insight Partners, and Goldman Sachs. We have been named among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
Please note that while this role is listed as available for remote, we are currently employing in the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MO, NH, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. If your state is not listed, we may not be able to proceed with your application. We have offices in Santa Clara, CA and Charlotte, NC for employees who prefer to work regularly or occasionally from an office.
Our backend engineers work with small, close-knit, cross-functional teams to build backend APIs that power our products. They are product engineers - i.e, they work with PM, Design, Data Science, and Frontend engineers to understand customer needs and build simple and delightful user experiences to solve hard problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with PM, Design and Data Science to understand and solve customer problems with elegant solutions.
- Own and drive complex initiatives to completion.
- Plan and scope new features, maintain and improve quality within the team, and set the direction for our future architecture.
- Evolve our backend services with new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to increase product value and improve reliability, security and scalability.
- Drive elegant systems design and produce clean, readable, performant code using best practices and guidelines.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, on-call rotations, interviews, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience building production RESTful web services in Java in cloud environments (AWS preferred, GCP or Azure are also ok).
- Experience as a good generalist systems designer and coder who can come up with well thought out designs for scalable web services / systems and has an ability to build them neatly.
- A strong command of Java and the ability to write and promote clear, easy to follow, performant and secure code.
- A robust understanding of database driven RESTful web services and web architectures in general.
- Solid experience with SQL and MySQL and an ability to write complex, performant, elegant queries.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Intellectual and emotional satisfaction of solving tough operational problems in healthcare while improving patient access and saving lives!
- Competitive compensation package that includes base salary, annual bonus, and stock options
- 401(k) Match
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly reimbursement for Skill Building
- Monthly reimbursement for Wellness, Transportation, and/or Home Office
- Education Reimbursement for select courses/programs
LeanTaaS is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you require assistance during the application process, please reach out to email@example.com. LeanTaaS will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: LeanTaaS is not accepting agency resumes at this time, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.