We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Development. They have a passion for advertising and believe the future of sales-marketing is identity-based, data-driven and grounded in measurable business results. This role is responsible for leading a large sales team focused on activating new SMB advertisers to our platform and using data and analytics to build a consultative solution for our customers that grows our advertising revenue. Success in this position requires strong consultative sales, analytical skills, a focus on customer service, and the ability to thrive in a fast yet dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
In this role you will lead, manage and mentor team members/managers on your team who are tasked with activating new clients and optimizing existing clients’ business through the Instacart Ads business. You are skilled at team building as well as proactively changing priorities and tactics for your team in response to strategic changes. The right candidate is experienced in a telesales environment and is adept at using insights as a key differentiator in stories. The right candidate is customer obsessed and metrics-driven, using audience insights and learnings from each contact to make the next more successful.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management. Responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Facilitate the use of data and evangelize data-driven practices across that ads organization.
- Responsible for educating and managing relationships with customers (both internal and external)
- Drives product innovation based upon customer needs.
- Cross-functional collaboration of all projects
- Partner with channel experts to test new approaches that driver advertiser acquisition efforts.
- Experience leading and developing sales teams catered to SMBs
- Experience managing managers
- Previously developed a team and has 4+ years experience working directly with marketing, media and/or consulting companies and demonstrated leadership experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining strict attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.