About the role
We are seeking a backend developer to develop and maintain our backend infrastructure. In this role, you will use your skills to build reliable, secure and scalable backend infrastructure for our VPN service. You should have expertise in Golang and PHP, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a pragmatic problem-solver. Responsibilities
- Develop well designed, secure, testable and efficient code using software development best practices.
- Collaborating with other members of the product development team to achieve project objectives.
- Refactor, optimise, and improve the existing codebase for scale.
- Ensuring the security of our backend infrastructure.
- Knowledge of secure coding best practices
- Strong experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong experience with Go language
- Experience with PHP 7 and the Laravel framework (for migrating our legacy PHP systems to our new Go based backend)
- Experience with devops including Docker and CI/CD
- Fluent in SQL and able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with RabbitMQ a bonus
- Proficient with Git
- Experience working in a remote, globally-distributed, agile team environment