You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role?
Applying your experience and skills to build and deploy a microservice or new data workflow while playing a key role in team mentorship; solutions that will have an impact on Helix Engineering and the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Backend Development you will:
- Design systems for enterprise usage in our genomics and data applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, bioinformaticians, scientists, regulatory, and other engineers.
- Be hands on with code to build and deploy for reliability and scale across users and health systems.
- Mentor other engineers to reinforce a culture of learning and teaching.
- Familiarity with developing software on cloud platforms — AWS or similar
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- A proven track record of successful projects
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in genetics or bioinformatics
- Familiarity with regulated software systems and entities
- Familiarity with full-stack development
What’s important to us:
•Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
•Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
•Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
•Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
•Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
•12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
•401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
•Comprehensive Well Being benefits
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.