Job type full-time
Not provided by employer
Full job description
Job title: senior process engineer - membrane
Heartland water technology, incIs a dynamic and growing company that develops and markets proprietary wastewater treatment technology and servicesOur technology is used in a number of areas including industrial wastewaters, solid waste, natural gas production, electric power generation, and various industrial applicationsHeartland’s water solutions business offers complete wastewater as-a-service solutions to a wide variety of different industries which face wastewater management challenges, including membrane-based technology (uf, ro).
The srProcess engineer – membrane can be remoteOther location options include the nashville tn; madison, wi or boston, ma area
Essential duties and responsibilities for this role:
· process design of heartland membrane-based treatment process equipment
· development of mass balances, energy balances
· development of p&ids and process control strategies
· specification of instrumentation and development of instrumentation lists
· developing controls narrative for plc programming
· r&d for new processes or optimization/modification of existing processes
· defining and development of implementation strategies for integration of heartland equipment/systems with existing/new customer-supplied equipment (e.g., balance of plant)
· coordinating 3rd party consultants
· ability to troubleshoot production, commissioning and operations issues (e.g., chemistry, flow, temperature issues that arise)
· support commercial processes, costing for proposals
· participate in demonstration pilots, factory testing, start up, commissioning
· presenting the technical and operational benefits of the heartland membrane solution to potential customers
· coordinating equipment installation, commissioning, and supporting operations of heartland membrane-based treatment systems at customer locations
· performing onsite demonstration projects for customers
· interfacing with managers and engineers to determine needs
· responding to calls from operations and customers concerning company’s equipment
· meeting with customers and be onsite to train and troubleshoot
· building and managing a customer support team including contractors for local support
· supporting the development of written procedures
Qualifications and competencies:
We are a very collaborative and congenial team who really enjoys working togetherTo be successful at heartland, in addition to critical skills and capabilities described below, you need to be someone with an ownership mentality and approach, a strong work ethic and a passion for solving problems.
· chemical or mechanical engineering degree with applicable experience will be consideredMinimum 5 years job related experience preferably in membrane-based technologies in the water and wastewater industry, chemical, or other process industry
· experience to include specification of process equipment such as instrumentation, pumps, blowers, and piping systems
· ability to develop p&id’s, instrument lists
· knowledge of inorganic chemistry and wastewater chemistry
· experience directing work of consultants and vendors
· proficiency in process modeling and optimization.
· understanding laboratory analytical chemistry techniques is desiredexperience with managing benchtop testing, pilot development/execution
· experience in applications engineering, support of sales/marketing efforts, is desired
· project management skills involving development of project requirements, budgeting, scheduling, and closing projects
· must be able to climb ladders and steps, lift up to 50 pounds, walk on outdoor surfaces.
· periodic travel to project, customer and vendor sites will require overnight stays.
· a valid driver’s license is requiredMust be eligible to work in the united states.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package, including health, dental, disability insurances, 401(k) plan, and section 125 flexible spending account planWe are a drug-free workplace.
Job type: full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work location: remote
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 4 days ago
Posted 8 days ago