Salary up to $70,000 a year job type full-time contract number of hires for this role 1
Us work authorization (preferred)
Full job description
Digital communications manager role
Who we are
Girl effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and tv dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in africa and asiaWe ignite girls’ confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future, inspiring and equipping them to make choices and changes in their lives.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much moreAnd we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scaleWe arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so tooShe starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her countryThat’s the girl effect.
Context of the role
Girl effect has big ambitions to deliver significant change for adolescent girls around the worldTo achieve our goals, we need to create and maintain an engaged and active community of supporters and amplifiers.
As digital communications manager you will use a combination of creativity, innovation and practical marketing knowledge to deliver messages and campaigns, increase mission awareness and maintain brand recognitionAs digital communications manager you will develop or oversee the creation of graphics, videos, blog posts and other interactive formats that are in-line with girl effect’s branding goalsUsing the latest digital marketing strategies, you will foster brand awareness and loyalty across a wide-reaching audience.
The digital communications manager will report directly to the director of marketing and commercial partnershipsYou will work closely and collaboratively with the development and programs teams, as well as other external stakeholders.
What you will do
As our digital communications manager you will work closely with other members of the marketing and communications team to support the overall delivery of girl effect’s objectives, with a focus on shaping and delivering all digital communications.
Key responsibilities include:
· building and managing a social media content calendar that aligns with our strategic plan and key initiatives, assisting with content creation (e.gPhotography, graphic design, charts, polls, scripts)
· managing girl effect’s social channels including linkedin, instagram, facebook, tiktok and twitterThis will include scheduling and managing content and posting across girl effect channels and copywriting to optimise content for social media posts with tone of voice and target audience in mind
· leading the community management of social channels with support from the marcomms coordinator - regularly checking all channels to repost, reply to comments, flag for follow up to the wider marcomms team if required
· analyzing relevant social media data and metrics and measuring key performance indicators and targets
· managing the girl effect website
· playing a key role in creating and delivering strategic digital campaigns- international day of the girl, #givingtuesday, etc.
· identifying new technologies and trends
· building relationships with the global girl effect team to ensure we are pulling through the best content and stories and reviewing the content created for our girl facing brands - chhaa jaa, springster, tujibebe, yegna and ni nyampinga - to see how this content might be repurposed for global channels
· working with girl effect’s partners to deliver co-branded, best in class digital storytelling to communicate the impact of our partnerships globally from planning to creative execution and delivery
· working closely with the fundraising side of the team to amplify the work of girl effect, creating compelling digital assets to support pitches to new partners
Who you are
· creatively curious and imaginative enjoying translating information and content into creative assets that best deliver our stories and impact
· a visual eyeYou’re a natural at what it takes to present things beautifully
· an adept writer with the ability to adapt tone and style to our brand
· confident project manager, who can work within a team and has experience managing agency partners and contractors.
· a resourceful solution-seeker and collaborative team player
· a good understanding and passion for digital communications and how it can support fundraising
· culturally aware and respectfulCurious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
· passionate about girl effect’s work realising the potential of girls
Minimum experience required
· bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· proven track record of working in delivering impactful digital and social media strategies - approx3-4 years’ experienceTech, media, big brand, non-profit or international development experience a plus
· basic graphic design and video editing skills required
· working knowledge of seo, as well as growth tracking, roi, web-related data analysis, google analytics, and other metrics and monitoring tools
· excellent oral and written communication
· ability to work across time-zones
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from brand and creative through to gender and insight)You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspectiveIn turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expressionWe are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serveTo this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young peopleWe expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conductIn particular:
· to take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by girl effect
· to report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is being recruited on 12 months fixed term contract basis.
This role is subject to an enhanced background disclosure.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 05/10/2021
Job types: full-time, contract
Salary: up to $70,000.00 per year
Monday to friday
What is your current salary per annum?
Digital communications: 3 years (preferred)
Work location: remote