Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
About the Role:
Our Risk team has taken a unique approach to risk management, portfolio management, and interacting with our community members. You will have the opportunity to turn information into insights through analytics, data science, experimentation and help the company achieve tremendous growth. This role would be the representative of risk analytics for credit risk management.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement and maintain a range of credit strategies which include underwriting, portfolio management and loss forecast
- Actively evaluate alternate, internal, and external data to propose and/or review credit expansion and/or tightening efforts, clearly presenting, and discussing alternatives, advantages, and disadvantages based on supporting data and industry experience
- Design and execute tests to understand sensitivity around max limit assignments to optimize margin
- Lead the oversight and management of our credit programs; spotting unidentified risks, ensuring policy adherence and developing credit decision framework that supports sound risk management
- Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, and testing hypotheses using rigorous analysis and monitoring
- Integrated decision making in the business area considering broader economic P&L, brand and people impact
- Work closely with machine learning team to improve risk models with business insights and past experience
- Work cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Operations to drive improvement in analytical quality, credit results and profitability
What We're Looking For:
- An expert with SQL and experienced with Python or R
- 2-4 years relevant experience in credit risk management, credit policy or underwriting from a financial institution or consulting
- A track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to combine business experience and insights with analytical modeling skills to reach results that are both intuitive and technically sound
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of fintech risk. Have an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development
- Communicate metrics and data clearly and able to translate analytical insights to business metrics
- Ability to apply statistics and probability concepts to split testing or LTV estimation
- Strong interpersonal skills and are able to work cross-functionally in the team environments
- Ability to think creatively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, often ambiguous work environment
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.