We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Lead Performance Engineer!
As part of the QA Services team in our QA Chapter, you work with a group of people that have deep expertise in their fields and build the processes that shape the Celonis product. You’ll work closely with both QA and Development, advocating shift left and building the practices that make performant systems part of our DNA. You’ll work with the Product team to understand the areas of our system that are high risk based on usage and historical data. And you’ll get a chance to grow your career while working with industry leaders to build a product that can scale 100x its current user base.
At Celonis, We Live for Customer Value. We want a product that consistently delivers at or above performance expectations for our customers, and we’re looking for your keen insights to help us deliver on that promise!
As our Lead Performance Engineer, you'll have a huge impact on helping teams and engineers design performant systems. You’ll leverage your experience with Performance Engineering to develop and drive a consistent program for how we measure performance at Celonis, including standardizing on tool sets for measurement and reporting as well as working performance concepts into our Product Life Cycle (PLC).
You will drive the building of a framework for performance testing that is accessible to both QA and development teams, and the institutionalization of that framework through training and mentoring. You’ll use your understanding of our architecture and performance needs to determine the right tools to standardize on, and what testing should be performed when.
The work you’ll do:
- Operate independently as an embedded member of an Infrastructure team, consistently advocating to push quality left and drive customer satisfaction by ensuring platform stability and reliability
- Develop a rigorous approach to provide early feedback to the Infrastructure team on any potential platform issues
- Define the test strategy to include designing, writing, and executing platform tests and procedures
- Collaborate with stakeholders from the early stage to identify platform testing needs and ensure that defined strategy is executed as part of the development process using optimal tooling
- Drive high quality test coverage in the team, ensuring definition of done includes minimal but sufficient test automation and recognize when other automation levels/types are necessary to reach the goals
- Contribute to analysis of platform issues to determine root causes and propose solutions
- Collaborate across the QA Chapter, mentoring other team members and contributing to efforts to improve overall process and quality
- Mentor QA, Infra & Dev teams to use and contribute to platform test bed
The qualifications you need:
- 5+ years experience as a performance test engineer on high availability cloud/SaaS platforms
- Deep knowledge of design, creation and execution of various performance tests (load, stress, soak, latency, scalability)
- Expertise in both defining performance metrics, reporting results and proposing solutions on how application performance can be improved
- Expertise in 2 or more performance tools (JMeter, k6.io, element.flood.io, Gatling, Locust, LoadRunner, LoadNinja…)
- Working knowledge of Distributed Systems, Cloud Technology, Docker /K8s or or similar
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and effectively with diverse fast-paced teams
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.