Salary $65,000 - $75,000 a year job type full-time number of hires for this role 1
Digital marketing: 4 years (required)
Website management: 4 years (required)
Us work authorization (required)
Full job description
Digital marketing manager - animal health
Must include cover letter and resume.
Looking for a super organizer and someone who loves herding cats.
Blueprints veterinary marketing group, inc., a full-service, award-winning, boutique-sized, virtual, animal healthcare marketing and consulting agency based in orange county, ca, is looking for a new member to join the pack.
These are unprecedented times in the animal health industryHospitals are at capacityTeams are exhaustedAs a communication firm, we are often their voice to their teams, pet parents, and the veterinary community in their area, or nationally in some casesWe are committed to purpose-driven work.
This is a really important job – as we support those who care for our companion animals.
So, if you’re equally as passionate about digital marketing as you are about animals, then let’s talkWe’re on the hunt for a full-time, seasoned digital manager..A natural herder… someone who truly enjoys working and growing in the digital space, keeps things organized, on time, on budget, and can multitask with ease, and has a great attitude – sort of like a hybrid of a border collie and golden retriever.
If you’re more like grumpy cat..Please don’t apply.
Roles and responsibilities
The digital marketing manager works closely with account executives, content developers, designers, website developers, and brand strategists to help plan and execute digital campaigns and web-based projects for the agency’s clientsThey are the main point of contact for the client and internal teams throughout a digital project’s development.
In addition to being passionate about the health and welfare of animals, our digital manager must be equally as passionate about social media, digital marketing, and the latest trends and strategiesThe candidate must have formal experience executing successful programs on multiple social media platforms, paid and organic strategies, blogs, seo, google ads, analytics, website project management, etc.
Must be a compelling copywriter.
· manages and oversees all digital marketing programs, including monthly retainer jobs, website development, and one-time projects for an expanding base of animal health clientsWe have teams in place that will support initiatives.
· prepare reports with analysis for clients on a monthly basis.
· schedule and lead monthly reporting calls with clients and discusses kpis (conversions, impressions, reach, website traffic, engagement, etc.) and provide recommendations and suggestions based on data and goals
· work closely with executive leadership and account managers on all digital projects, estimates, agency growth, and promotion.
· stay up to date on digital marketing trends and educate other agency team members to ensure cohesive execution of multi-faceted marketing initiatives.
· develop estimates for prospective and current client’s new business
· work with team members to create original content for social media accounts (mostly fb and instagram) and track/manage engagement.
· create or direct the design team for all visual materials to accompany social media posts.
· develop social media and content calendars.
· provide social media training to clients or agency staff as needed.
· launch new social media accounts for clients that accurately reflect their brand.
Online reputation management (orm)
· trains veterinary practice/clinic/hospital teams on how to effectively monitor and respond to their online reviews and how to increase positive reviews.
· develops online review response guides with templated responses to every type of review and situation.
· monitors reviews daily and alert clients to respond to outstanding reviews
· work directly with clients (daily basis) on responding to negative reviews and helps craft/edit responses to negative and outlandish reviews.
· reviews, reports, and interprets data and provides feedback and recommendations to the client.
· the digital marketing manager is the contact point for new website projects for the agencyThey speak directly with clients and work with website developers, programmers, and designers to keep projects on budget and on time.
· maintain calendar of when clients’ websites need maintenance and updatesWork with website programmers and developers to complete maintenance (e.g., updating wordpress version, plug-ins, forms, etc.).
· organize and maintain website credentials/information for the agency’s clients.
· must be digitally savvy and comfortable with wordpress, content management systems and plugins, and various add-on resources(html knowledge is a plus, but not necessary)
· can upload copy onto websites with appropriate tags, titles, meta descriptions, keywords, etc(mostly wordpress)
· monitor clients’ website traffic via google analyticsYou are proficient at google analytics and familiar with google search console.
Search engine optimization (seo)
· you have enviable knowledge of seo best practices.
· run seo audits using vendor tools and develops proposals from audit data and the client’s goals.
· manage seo team to ensure that the clients’ brand goals and voices are at the foundation of all seo recommendations
· recommends different seo strategies to clients (local, on-page, geotargeting, nationwide, etc.).
· work directly with the seo team, make seo copy edit suggestions, and provide feedback on content.
· review seo reports with clients – interprets data and provides suggestions.
· set up and run online ad campaigns (paid and organic)You know how to use advanced audience targeting through facebook ads manager.
· build, monitor, and manage ads accounts for clients (ad budgets around $500-2500k/mo)Must have experience with google search ads, display ads, and retargeting knowledge a plus.
· prepare reports for clients on a regular basis.
· work with finance manager on pos for monthly programs for freelancers and vendors
· ensure that monthly digital accounts have the appropriate profit margin and work directly with account executives (ae) on budgeting new programs and projects
· approve and provide edits/feedback on invoices
· crosscheck and provide a list of monthly vendor and external expenses
· manage all digital department vendors and freelancers
· established project management system for all digital programs, including monthly digital task sheet and project channels in slack
· bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, or comparable field.
· minimum of 5 years experience in digital/social media marketing role, or 4 years of agency experience in a digital/social media marketing role.
· experience managing multiple social media and/or digital clients simultaneously.
· strong familiarity with social platforms including facebook, linkedin, instagram, twitter, google my business, and yelpProfessional experience working as a company’s in-house social media manager or on the agency side is required.
· familiarity with social media management tools (i.e., sendible, facebook business manager, facebook ads manager, twitter ads/analytics, etc.) familiarity with content management systems such as wordpressThis is not a programming or coding position, but you must know how to update copy, photos, etc., on these platforms.
· familiarity working with wordpress plugins such as yoast seo or all-in-one seo, and those that integrate with crms.
· some experience with design software is helpful, proficiency not necessary.
· ability to schedule, analyze, and report on google ads searchProactive and creative mindset with the ability to originate content and process independently and with a team.
· solid writing skills to help with copywriting as neededMust be comfortable writing about medical/health-related topics.
· ability to take direction provided by account executives but with the ability to problem-solve, work independently with urgency and concentration.
· must have a track record of being client-centric and service-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
· you must be passionate about animals.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
What you need to know:
· we are a successful, award-winning, virtual, boutique-sized agencyYes, you read that correctlyWe all work from home (even before covid)…emphasis on workSlackers need not apply.
· again, we are orange county-based, but virtualWe’re connected through technology all day long, but there is limited face time and no handholding.
· we work hard – all day longAnd we play hardIf you prefer a slow-paced, sleepy-kitty environment, then swipe left.
· we really enjoy each other’s company and actually like meeting once a week – yes, you will need to get out of your pajamas occasionally.
· we are the only ad agency in the nation that focuses solely on the specialty and referral side of veterinary medicineIf you don’t know what that means, please research before applying.
· a cover letter is a mustAll resume-only applicants will immediately be discardedSorry...we really want to sample your writing style and your `brand!`
· if you are squeamish about medical topics, this is not the right place for you.
· if you would not run in front of a train for your pet, this is not the right place for you.
· if you do not think that your coffee tastes better with pet fur in it, this is not the right place for you.
· we are a tight-knit familyEveryone has their own role and there is a role for everyone…we all checked our egos out a long time agoPlease don’t bring yoursWe know you rock at all things digital/social media, and we will be moderately dependent on your genius, but you must stay humbleThis is about the animals, not us!
Job type: full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to friday
How proficient are you with current seo best practices?
Digital marketing: 4 years (required)
Online reputation management: 2 years (required)
Website management: 4 years (required)
Work location: remote