Headquarters: Salt Lake City, UT
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our Product Engineering team. In this role, you’d work alongside the Web and Android teams to bring the Big Cartel admin experience to Apple platforms. In collaboration with designers, you'd help determine how Big Cartel’s design language translates to native platforms and craft user interfaces that are beautiful and functional. A track record of building and launching apps both independently and in a small team environment is a must for this position.
The "ideal" candidate
Note: We’d still love to hear from you even if some of the below attributes don’t describe you, so long as you’re excited about Big Cartel and eager to contribute.
- Wants to build tools that make an impact on the lives of artists and creators
- Can work alone or as part of a small team to build and launch ambitious projects
- Has comprehensive knowledge of Apple frameworks and tools
- Stays up to date with latest techniques and builds apps using modern approaches where possible (Swift, SwiftUI, etc)
- Is able to build integrations with APIs including Restful JSON and GraphQL
- Has experience with e-commerce platforms and payment processors like Stripe
- Can balance and prioritize bug fixes, new features, and codebase maintenance
- Enjoys collaborating with support teams to debug and resolve customer issues in the wild
- Understands techniques for monitoring and improving user experience
- Finds solace in automated testing, CI/CD
- Reads the Apple HIG for fun
Big Cartel has a fixed salary structure per role based on data from industry research. This ensures pay equality for employees doing the same job at the same level. Current salary range for a this position is $168,000 to $205,500.
Application closing date: October 14, 2022
We hope to fill this position by the beginning of November 2022.