Job type full-time
Us work authorization (required)
Full job description
The national director of business development - co-packing role is responsible for developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, action plans, and successful execution of these strategiesDuties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, understanding customer trends, and calling on the larger more robust accounts personally as the sales representative for the co-packing division.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
· meet annual sales goals provided by management.
· work with vp of sales and sales finance to determine accurate quotes for products sold then present for approval.
· explore/learn/research future opportunities - profitable growth management and learning to understand your business and competition.
· strategize company positioning by reviewing strategies monthly and annually to make certain those that are in place are effective and growth driven.
· primary point of contact to buyers of assigned accounts that are responsible for purchase of products in the foodservice channel, for assigned manufacturers bulk ingredients needs or assigned retail partners.
· responsible for business development for food service channel and bulk channel by building relationships and awareness of our company offerings with customers including attendance and exhibiting at trade shows as needed.
· travel to customers for on site meetings to present item offerings and build business partner relationships.
· develop necessary analysis and powerpoint presentations for delivering to assigned customers to grow overall sales of beneficial blends, llc.
· lead efforts to identify category influence plans to secure best possible product offerings that are high growth and/or viable for customersAlso, using category influence for maximizing proper shelf merchandising for beneficial blends llc items.
· support new volume and replenishment activities with customer by following up on a regular basis for new and reorder needs, then working with internal forecasting team member to communicate needed volume.
· complete post-promotional or post sell in analysis to measure effectiveness of products or programs sold.
· work closely with project manager, sales finance, transportation and sourcing team members to ensure on time launch of projects, quotes, sales and order processing.
· responsible for assisting in the sourcing of raw materials and negotiations.
· outside business development sales skills to maintain current customer relationships and build new relationships internally with team members and with new potential customers.
· accountability skills: taking ownership of your accounts and treat as if you owned the businessTakes ownership of challenges and finds solutions/problem solving that are acceptable to the company’s prosperityUnderstands and accepts consequences of decisions made.
· excellent analytical skills to understand and report weekly sales data and the profit and loss statements for items offered.
· excellent interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with customersResolving conflicts or issues honestly and with integrity with our customer partners and with internal team members.
· excellent communication skills, written & oral to present to buyers within our customer base.
· sense of urgency skills: understands and focused on a “sense of urgency” on projects for launch in the branded and private label businessesQuick response to customers and internal team members to strive for excellence and timely lead times requirements.
· team work skills that include working well with a diverse group of both beneficial blends team members and customer contacts.
Qualifications or experience/training required
· education: bachelors degree in business or related field preferred
· experience selling and having contacts with one or more of the following: costco, sams, bjs, kroger
· experience in all channels of consumer packaged goods sales preferred including grocery, drug, convenience, mass and alternate channels.
· experience in negotiating and closing deals, required
· experience in commodity ingredient negotiations, required
· location: tampa bay area, preferred
· computer knowledge/experience to include but not limited to: outlook, excel, word, powerpoint and internal programs.
· excellent organizational skills
· great team culture and environment
· competitive salary and bonus options, as well as pto
· comprehensive benefits including medical, plus 100% paid dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurancesVoluntary long-term disability and life insurance available.
· ira match contributions
· flexible work-form-home for qualified candidates
· company fun outings and paid volunteer days
About beneficial blends
· beneficial blends is the premier manufacturer of high quality, customized products with beneficial health attributes including edible oils and fats, cbd, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and aromatherapy productsFounded in 2009, we started our business to solve problems for consumersMaking the world a better, healthier, and happier place is our goalBeneficial blends
· we have been recognized within our industry for excellence in manufacturing as well as sustained revenue growth including recognition on the inc 5000 and tampa bay business journal fast 50, for five consecutive years.
· beneficial blends encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
· this position is an office based position with 20% travel to customers and for trade shows.
Job type: full-time
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to friday
Willingness to travel:
Work location: remote
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 3 days ago