Job type full-time number of hires for this role 1
Us work authorization (required)
Full job description
We are axicom, a member of the bcw group of companies and wpp’s technology communications specialty agencyAs an agency that supports some of the largest technology brands in the world, we know technology’s promise of what could be; inspires curiosity, wonder, hope and changeWe are on the front lines of delivering that inspiration to the world on behalf of our clientsIt’s why we wake up every day – we get to hear and tell really cool stories! axicom exists to inspire the world by translating the impact of technology.
Axicom culture is defined by the three i’s (intelligence, integrity, initiative)We support and celebrate our diversity and value what makes you different, and we encourage you to act on your ideasWe value critical thinkers and problem solvers that welcome constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels.
Axicom seeks a managing supervisor to help lead the agency’s fast-growing cybersecurity practiceThe ideal candidate will have previous experience managing cybersecurity client teams, a deep understanding of the security media landscape and a proven track record in crafting and securing top-tier media coverage in national outlets, including broadcast coverageThe ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable of issues related to cybersecurity and privacy and demonstrate continued curiosity in emerging industry trends, thought leadership topics and breaking newsIn addition, the ideal candidate will possess the abilities to nurture and run a high performing team and collaborate with agency cybersecurity experts to identify new storytelling opportunities.
Demonstrate leadership in providing strategic counsel to client and show mastery of all aspects of client management
· drive forward the client’s plan in terms of day-to-day activity and strategy execution.
· recommend and implement initiatives and programs.
· keep a pulse on the team and how things move forward in order to flag issues to senior management and the client.
· have a deep understanding of the client’s business and competitive landscape.
· exercise implacable client management skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrate expert understanding of building media strategies and how to work with the media to exceed client expectations
· develop campaign programs and media strategies that will further the client’s business goals.
· demonstrate in-depth knowledge of key media targets within the cybersecurity space across trade, business, national and broadcast media.
· maintain strong media relationships and have the drive to build new ones.
· be an expert storyteller who is always on the hunt for the next coverage opportunity.
· mentor junior staff on relationship building.
Demonstrate superb verbal and written communication skills
· lead team meetings that ensure the team and client understand goals and deliverables.
· demonstrate effective communication in all forms of writing, from client and team emails to presentations and externally facing client documents.
· coach junior staff on communication skills.
· ensure documents are client-ready before going to the senior manager for review.
Encourage fresh, creative thinking within your account to exceed client strategic objectives
· be thoughtful in how to differentiate the client in the increasingly crowded security landscape.
· be a creative catalyst for the account team.
· understand the needs of the client from a creative standpoint and proactively leverage shared resources to address.
· ensure that creative ideas are strategic and in line with the client’s “bigger picture.”
· be careful not to become too steadfast in the traditional ways of doing thingsKeep your eyes open for fresh approaches, new possibilitiesBe sure to inject your team with new people, new challenges, maintaining an atmosphere of “what if?” thinking.
Demonstrate a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and media tools for client programs
· show a strong understanding of digital and social media and key influencers.
· contribute to client and company online properties (i.e., linkedin, twitter, blog).
· develop and maintain digital media relationships with online media.
· bring ideas to the table on strategic use of digital media to meet client’s business goals.
Show the ability to manage your team and client accounts from a financial perspective
· supervise account financials to ensure we meet but do not exceed projected budget.
· manage monthly projections and make recommendations to leadership on staffing.
· demonstrate responsible financial habits and serve as an example for junior team members.
Strategic account growth
Gain experience with axicom in supporting the business with growth
· identify and flag opportunities for organic client growth to axicom leadership.
· begin to take an active role in axicom in outlining new opportunities with marketing and business-funded programs.
Develop high-performing teams
· manage and develop junior talent.
· identify opportunities for junior staff to facilitate their development to further their career.
· participate in your staff’s review process.
· continuously provide staff with feedback on their performance.
· present professional front at all times to lead by example.
· 7-10 years pr experience
· seasoned writing skills; ability to write for senior-level management and audiences
· excellent interpersonal skills.
· ability to supervise and motivate account staff.
· ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.
· strong strategic-thinking skills.
· ability to develop and present new business pitches.
· ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
· creative problem-solving skills.
· ability to write strategic materials for client.
· proven relationships with security media.
· familiarity with emerging media outlets.
· strong project management skills.
*the job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and dutiesThe jobholder`s responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Open to candidates for our axicom offices based in new york, san francisco, los angeles, austin or remote.
Axicom is an equal opportunity employer, eeo, aae, mf/disability/vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in e-verifyE-verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee`s form i-9, employment eligibility verification, to data from u.sDepartment of homeland security and social security administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Job type: full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to friday
Work location: remote