Oracle technical architect
Day to day tasks to be performed by the consultant:
• administration of oracle weblogic servers including deployment of java applications using administration console and command-line and scripting tools like wlst
• install, upgrade, configure and manage weblogic administrative and managed servers
• providing maintenance & support for weblogic servers
• set up a cluster of servers and distribute applications and resources to the cluster.
• creating and configuring domains
• performing change management in weblogic server environment
• configuring node managers
• responsible for retrieving and analyzing logs to troubleshoot issues
• authoring deployment plans
• configuring data sources, including data connection pool management
• design clustering architecture strategies
• responsible for ensuring application environments meet security best practices and managing wls security by configuring users, groups, roles and policies.
• implementation of high availability solutions including backup and recovery, leading performance tuning activities to maintain high service levels and system performance, capacity planning and management reporting about the health of the application environments.
• provide technical support to application development teams in the development of projects running on the application server.
84 months hands-on experience in designing/architecting oracle weblogic java applications from specifications expressed by use cases, class diagrams, interaction diagrams and sequence diagrams.
• 84 months experience in coordinating network firewall changes in a 3 tier architecture.
• 84 months hands-on experience in oracle weblogic 8.1/11g administration or similar technologies
• 84 months hands-on experience in oracle service bus 11g
• 84 months hands-on experience in oracle weblogic portal 10.3/11g or similar technologies
• 36 months hands-on experience in ibm datapower administration.
• 84 months hands-on experience in setting up 3 tier high availability application infrastructure includes connection pools, clustering queuing.
• 36 months hands-on deploying web services, including soap based and/or restful based implementations.
• this position will work directly with department senior executive and executive staff in the implementation of multi-faceted, high visibility projectsDaily activities will include but not be limited to:
• defining and managing project scope, schedule, risk and budget
• managing project teams in the development of business cases, requirements gathering, business and technical documentation, testing and deployment planning, risk mitigation strategies and project status reporting
• acting as manager to a staff oriented in matrix management techniques, including negotiating with senior management on resource allocations, project responsibilities and tasking as well as mentoring and training resources as necessary
• communicating project status to team members as well as management including project status presentations to executives both inside and outside the agency
• functioning as a facilitator to clarify business and technical requirements which cross project team boundaries through the development and management of stakeholder analyses and management plans
• identifying project risks and dependencies and providing implementation alternatives to mitigate project risk related to scope, schedule and budget
• implementation and adherence to change control standards as appropriate for the public safety cluster and the agency
• ability and willingness to work in a diverse environment with virtual teams
Bachelor level or higher degree with concentration in information technology or project management, or national certification in project management
• minimum of 84 months experience with multi entity project teams in the development and successful implementation of multi-million dollar, multi-year enterprise development projectsExperience should include a variety of application development, commercial off-the-shelf (cots) implementation and technical infrastructure (hardware and software) projects.
• minimum of 84 months experience implementing projects utilizing industry standard system life cycle methodologies including iterative project planning, design, development and management of project teams which utilize business analysts and testers.
• minimum of 60 months experience implementing system integration strategies spanning multiple entities, including risk mitigation strategies associated with ensuring implementation success, dissecting deliverables into manageable risk averse phases, and involving both agency and vendor teams across highly available and scalable multi-tier applications.
• minimum of 60 months demonstrated effective team building, facilitation and presentation skills, and the ability to work and communicate with diverse groups.