Day to day tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• assess, diagnose and resolve a wide variety of computer issues both hardware and software related.
• perform hardware repairs on pcs and laptops when necessary, replace parts as needed.
• install lab specific client and instrumental software; apply configuration parameters to ensure functionality for biological sciences staff.
• review and determine solutions to staff software needs and problems.
• assist users with backing up data and the migration to new hardware.
• maintain accurate hardware asset information.
• provide end user training in general computer use and specific software platforms.
• research new technologies.
• conduct end user needs assessments for new technology.
• support printers, multifunction devices, and various other peripherals.
Minimum of 48 months of experience supporting applications and working with users to troubleshoot system errors/functionality in person, via phone and via remote control.
• minimum of 48 months of experience troubleshooting and supporting microsoft windows xp and higher operating systems.
• minimum of 48 months of experience and competence working with and supporting microsoft office suite 2003 and higher.
• minimum of 36 months experience writing scripts and modifying existing programs to add or fix functionality.
• minimum of 48 months experience supporting and repairing printers and multifunction devices.
• minimum of 48 months experience creating or updating system support and end user documentation.
• minimum of 48 months of experience troubleshooting and supporting citrix, groupwise, vpn and wireless networking.
• minimum of 48 months experience working in and supporting a mid to high level enterprise environment.
• minimum of 48 months experience working in a team environment.
• minimum of 36 months experience in creating and modifying access databases.