We have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
- Lead new customer implementations at a medium to high complexity level, with moderate geographical scope, medium to large business scale and impact, bridging the sales and operational activities, to ensure smooth transition of new business into the Maersk organization.
- Ensure that customer’s needs and expectations are met throughout the implementation phase and start of service.
- To act as a facilitator for the review of existing accounts from prior projects, and operational processes to identify & recommend opportunities for improvement and business optimization
- Engage pro-actively with the Product Team and OMEB process for commercial opportunities to act both as a differentiator and a safeguard on operational viability of the solutions sold.
- Prepare and drive the overall implementation project plan across all geographies and functions, including operations, IT, HR, and finance.
- Provide clear visibility of project status to internal and external stakeholders by establishing project milestones, go/no-go stage gates, and operational readiness criteria. Track the progress against these and escalate issues and delays in a timely manner.
- Set expectations and confirm agreements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage risks rigorously from award to stable operation to ensure sustainable profitability and monitoring risk.
- Remove roadblocks and impediments to meet timelines and customer requirements.
- Proactively manage delivery of other involved parties (IT, operational suppliers, workstream owners).
- Establish and evaluate the success criteria for the project and adjust solutions and timelines as needed throughout the implementation.
- Successfully “close” implementations based on mutually defined criteria between Maersk and the client (external) and Implementation and operations (internal).
Client Relationship Management
- Establish, maintain, and develop strong relationships with Regional and Global key clients at strategic and operational levels.
- Lead the client through the on-boarding process and act as the clients’ center of gravity on implementations and issue resolution.
- Strictly manage scope with clients and ensure solution implemented stays in line with the solution sold.
- Hold regular client meetings to discuss progress, issues, mitigations to risks, and introduce development opportunities.
- Participate in the solution design process and develop creative solutions to operational challenges.
- Ensure infrastructure for new client solutions is in place including:
o Recruitment and training of staff.
o Detailed process flows, SOPs and IOPs.
o IT & EDI integration.
o Client and vendor training and introduction.
o KPI reporting and performance management routines.
- Ensure initial SOP/IOP compliance across all origin and destination offices.
- Ensure operations are optimized and products are delivered under the highest service quality possible.
- Contribute to securing new business wins by actively engaging in the sales process and presenting the implementation methodology, a tailored project approach and demonstrating our competency of smooth on-boarding.
- Capture and share learnings and best practices across the implementation community.
- Assist in creating, reviewing, and improving the implementation methodology including, but not limited to project planning, stakeholder management and project execution.
Required experience & skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistics including international supply chain management and forwarding services.
- Proven experience in project management on implementations.
- PMP, ACP-PMI certification or equivalent preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site on a project basis.
- Prior experience in dealing with new supply chain solutions.
- Prior commercial experience in engaging with strategic clients.
- Advanced proficiency in project management tools including MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good IT and EDI understanding and capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Consistent ability to meet and adhere to deadlines.
- Passion, initiative, and drive to continuously develop and work with creativity and innovation.
- Operational background including supply chain operations, ocean, air, and local origin services (trucking, customs, and milestone visibility).
- Strong problem-solving skills and customer service skills.
- Ambitious and result oriented self-starter with initiative and strong drive.
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other.
- We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized worldwide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
Notice to applicants who are applying to positions in the United States
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value diversity and prohibit the discrimination of any applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity Law
Pay Transparency Notice
All individuals who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test. You have been reading so far, we’re glad to see you are interested. And if you want to use your skills to make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Join a global leader as we embark on an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade!
A.P. Moller-Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify our customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, we operate in 130 countries and employ roughly 70,000 people. With a simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, we enable our customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere- all over the world. Find out more about us: https://www.maersk.com